Thursday, May 28, 2009

Sigh.

The weather this week has been boring. Boring, boring, boring. Grey, gloomy, neither here nor there. When it rains, it schpritzes. When the sun dares to come out, it's only a tease. Yawn.

I had high hopes for this week. I pledged to take one day away from my Bloomberg terminal to just lie on a beach. I really need to reorganize my perceptions. It occurred to me this morning that I could have flown somewhere else, but, in truth, I don't feel like it. I just want to hang around here. Sigh.

It would be nice to have someone keep me company. There's the gardener outside right now - maybe I'll ask him in. No, wait, that's gay. It's the middle of the day, so everybody else is working. I could go to the VFW and hang out with the old guys, but then I'd feel old. I can't shop anymore - I only want another pair of shoes, but I don't feel motivated to go get them. Hmph.

Maybe I'll go get a bicycle and take a ride. It's been a long time since I did that and I always like the feeling of the wind against my face with the world sliding past my periphery in a green and gray blur.

Or maybe I'll just sit here, watch a movie. play on my Playstation or get drunk.

No - too sad. I got it! A hooker! I've never had a hooker! No, that's disgusting plus there's no reason to spoil a perfect record. I've never been to a strip joint, er, excuse me, gentlemen's club, either.

It's all busywork. And that's because I'm doing it without you. Baby, come back to me . . .

There's no one so clever as you, so adept at making me laugh, especially when you laugh. Your eyes pierce to the center of my soul like the owl in the Tootsie Pop ad from god-knows-how-many-years ago. The way you command your domain triggers admiration. Your nurturing soul always set to surprise.

So, are you coming over? No? Oh, well. Can't have everything.