Saturday, May 19, 2007

STFU

No matter how I try to thoroughly explain things, it seems I always fail at getting to the heart of the matter. I misunderstand others, apparently and others misunderstand me. The only explanation that seems sensible is that I'm making poor choices in my modes of communication. I think I actually reveal too much and that either frightens the people I've chosen with whom to communicate, they simply don't understand the entire tableau of what I'm trying to say or they hear what they want to hear.

Now I understand why women idealize the strong, silent type. This way, they can apply their own fantasy of what's real and what's being said to the relationship. I guess that's one way of going about it, but it doesn't seem honest to me, on either part. But, maybe that's the game with rules I don't understand and, if I don't get it by now, maybe I never will.

Poor pitiful me, eh?