Saturday, May 12, 2007

Things To Do While Shopping

I was shopping with my daughter, after my stint as a wetback landscaper for much of the usable day, and I found a "to do" note lying on a box at Marshall's, apparently mislaid by a harried shopper. It was written on a 3x4 Post-It with the imprint "HALDOL Decanoate 100 HALOPERIDOL INJECTION 100mg/ml" That is an anti-psycotic drug, so, go figure. Here's what the list said:

PAM - SHOES
ALLAN BIRTHDAY
KIDS - SNEAKS
LUCILLE
ME - BORNS - CLOGS/SANDALS BR.
JOAN/DAVID
GOLD SANDAL
NATURLIZER HEELS
PATENT?

and in the upper right-hand corner

20 MOFEINS (not sure due to the hand - ed.)
20 ROBIN

Busy girl - or guy? You be the judge.

Just so you know, the Marshall's in my area not only has a HUGE selection of top-end shoes, like Merril, Nike, New Balance and so forth, but has unbelievable bargains on name brand clothes and even non-clothing stuff like decorative and kitchen goods. I saw, but didn't buy today, Levi 501's (my favorite) in my size (36-30) for $19 bucks. A Nautica long-sleeve dress shirt for $12. It's ridiculous.