Saturday, December 22, 2007

Catch and Release

Well, another year has gone by and I've manage to do it yet again. I've somehow alienated everyone I know. How do I do it?

It's the honesty - people just can't take it. Oh, well. I can't help those who refuse help, now, can I?

Woke up this mornin'
I heard a sound
It was my daughter
she done come around
She say daddy let's go
I have a plan
to shop till I drop and then
to call my boyfriend Stan

Chorus:
I've got the teenage parent blues
why won't they just settle down?
Those old parent blues
keeps me from running around . . .

But this lyric is more to my liking. It shows that the more things change, the more they stay the same . . . from the early '80's:
I want somebody to share
Share the rest of my life
Share my innermost thoughts
Know my intimate details
Someone who'll stand by my side
And give me support
And in return
She'll get my support
She will listen to me
When I want to speak
About the world we live in
And life in general
Though my views may be wrong
They may even be perverted
She will hear me out
And won't easily be converted
To my way of thinking
In fact she'll often disagree
But at the end of it all
She will understand me

I want somebody who cares
For me passionately
With every thought and with every breath
Someone who'll help me see things
In a different light
All the things I detest
I will almost like
I don't want to be tied
To anyone's strings
I'm carefully trying to steer clear
Of those things
But when I'm asleep
I want somebody
Who will put their arms around me
And kiss me tenderly
Though things like this
Make me sick
In a case like this
I'll get away with it

(Published, EMI)

Yup. Can't tell me a gotdamn thang. Sheet.